Clipping Money: How To Make Cake Balls (Cake Pops)

6/11/11

How To Make Cake Balls (Cake Pops)

 

I thought these were hard to make! Boy was I wrong. This is so easy to make. I did my best taking pictures of the steps. FOr me it's easier to bake when I have something to compare it to.

HOW TO MAKE CAKE BALLS


 All you need is 1 tub of frosting, 1 cake mix and some chocolate. I started with the white chocolate but it didn't melt well at all so I switched to chocolate.

Now, get yourself a cake pan. Either metal or glass will do & spray it with baking release.

 
 
 
Mix batter as the direction on the box instruct you to.

 

Now pour it in the pan :)

 

Set the timer :)

 

When the timer goes off, check your cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's done!
When your cake has cooled down, cut the cake into pieces. 

 

 Now in a separate bowl, crumble up the cake into pieces.

 

After it's all crumbled, add 1/2 of the tub of frosting. 
Mix thoroughly until the consistency is that of playdoh.

 

Now, scoop a teaspoon (or tablespoon) and roll it into balls. 
Place the cake balls on a baking sheet, lined with wax paper.
Now place them in the freezer for 1 hour.


After an hour, take them out of the freezer and you can either stick a toothpick in them (for cake balls) or use sucker sticks (for cake pops).


Now I forgot to take pictures of the next 2 steps :(

Take your chocolate and place in a microwavable bowl. 
Melt your chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals. 
Make sure you stir after each 30 seconds. 
Once the chocolate is melted, pick up the cake ball and (using a spoon) scoop chocolate over the top and sides. Twirl the cake ball to release any extra chocolate. Then quickly add your favorite sprinkles to the top and place back on the wax paper. 

After all are done, place them back in the freezer for 10 minutes to ensure the chocolate is set. Then remove from freezer and take out the toothpicks. You might have to add a dab of chocolate to fill in the whole (as you can see, some of mine have holes).

 

This was so easy and cheap. I got all these supplies from my stockpile. 

I would love to see your Cake Balls or Cake Pops

 

1 comment:

  1. i love making these but i find the dipping to be hard.

    ReplyDelete

Let's start sharing those great ideas!