Clipping Money: My Rite Aid Trip

1/11/11

My Rite Aid Trip

I am really starting to like Rite Aid :) 
This goes down as a MEGA SCORE for me

I did a few transactions, to make sure I get my UP Rewards.

First two transactions are pictured above. I know I took the picture together but these are 2 transactions. 

Motrin PM 20 ct. $3
Buy 2 Motrin PM 20 ct.
Use the $6/2 coupon from the 1/9 SS
Pay $0
Get 2 $2 +Up Rewards
Final Cost FREE + a $4 moneymaker!
I did this deal 2 times and got back $4 UP rewards from each transaction.
Now I have $8 UP rewards to roll.
 
As the big smile came across my face (I love getting paid to shop), I walked out and put this in my car. I then headed back in to do my Special K deal. This is my favorite cereal. The Red Berries is my #1 choice. 

So I loaded up my cart with Special K and headed to the register!

Select Kellogg’s Cereals or Cereal Bars Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Buy 2 Special K cereal priced at $4.79 each
Use the Buy 1 Get 1 Free (up to $4.49) Special K Cereal coupon
(will deduct $4.49 since that is the max value listed on the coupon)
Pay $0.30
Get 2 $1 +Up Rewards
(this is an unadvertised +Up Reward that is triggered when you buy certain food products)
Final Cost 2 boxes for better than FREE!
* Get a $20 +Up Reward when you buy $100 of select items


She rang up my cereal and said, "Ok, that will be $51.56". I gasped at the cost of cereal now a days. I then responded, "Good thing I brought my coupons with me!"
After all was said and done, she read me my new and improved total. I giggled, "SCORE"!


That will be, "$1.80. What? I did something wrong. This couldn't have been $51 and then after coupons $1.80?!" I assured her she did nothing wrong and we continued to check out. 

Here's the best part. After paying $1.80 my UP Rewards starting coming out :) And lots of them!!
I got a $1 UP Rewards for each box I bought!
So I paid $1.80 and got back $12.00 in UPS
But wait...
Look what printed out!!!

I did it, I did it, I did it, yea lo hicimos!
I made it to my $20 +UP Resolution Reward! 
NOW LET'S RECAP!

I received the $8 UP from the Motrin PM
I received the $12 from the Special K
AND
$20 for my Resolution Reward
I SCORED $40 FOR EVERYTHING!

3 comments:

  1. I went into my Rite Aid to just buy 4 Special K cereal yesterday. They were all out. The lady in front of me in line bought the last 4 boxes. The cashier said that they get their new delivery on Wednesday so I should check back in the evening to see if the cereal is in their shipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Rite Aid would not let me buy 4 boxes and use 2 buy one get one free coupons. I was a little mad

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? Oh my! It is stated in their coupon policy that you can!
    Here is a link to print and take with you: I would even call corporate and let them know
    so they can fix the problem. I did that when the Cover Girl make up was B1G1 and I had
    a coupon for B1G1. The cashier told me I couldn't use them, so I called and corporate
    called the store and straightened it out.

    http://content.riteaid.com/stores/CustomerCouponAcceptancePolicyAugust2010.pdf

    Come back and let me know how it went.

    ReplyDelete

Let's start sharing those great ideas!