Clipping Money: Michelle B by Fagor Cookware Set w/ Cutlery Review

10/5/11

Michelle B by Fagor Cookware Set w/ Cutlery Review

 

     If you know me.... you know I need a "little" help in the cooking department. I have a tendency to burn things, but NOT on purpose!! Yep, dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off. No matter how hard I try... it just doesn't work out (my poor family). 

     Well, that has all changed. I was able to review a Michelle B by Fagor 14pc cookware. Thanks to Fagor (applause & cheering), dinner never tasted SO good!!! I am here to tell you all about an amazing company with some amazing products.


It all began when the doorbell rang. That day changed our lives.. FOREVER!!!!  Can you tell I was (and still am) excited?? Ha! This is awesome! I opened the box to find a beautiful 14 pc cookware set, informational cards and 4 pc cutlery set! SCORE!!!


Crafted from Forged Aluminum
Michelle’s cookware is crafted from Forged Aluminum with a double layer, high gloss, color silicone polyester exterior. Giving the cookware a rich shine with a durable, protective finish that resists staining and is effortless to clean. Did you see that? EFFORTLESS TO CLEAN! I couldn't wait to try this set out.


These pots and pans are beautiful. The color of them is amazing! They are available in the red, lime green, blue (the one I received) and black. I think this cookware is some of the most fun cookware I've ever had (and let me tell you... I've been through my fair share of cookware).


These knives are all different paring knives made with resin coated high carbon stainless steel; the resin coating provides added strength and durability while ensuring a non-stick surface that resists stains and corrosion, keeping your blades clean and free from decay. What I love about these knives is that they are ergonomically shaped. They fit right into your hand; and I am not joking. It sounds funny to say these knives are comfortable to use, but they really are! In the picture above you will notice that the knives have a nice covering that comes with them. This is such a great idea.  Not only is it safer, but it also keeps the knives from becoming dull!

The other set of knives they carry is the 3 piece prep set. I did not receive this set to review, but I really think I am going to ask Santa for them. I really love how the 4 pc set cuts... I can only imagine how awesome the 3 pc prep set cuts!!!




 The cookware is made of QuanTanium (kinda like teflon) non-stick coating contains titanium particles for incredible durability. The multi-layer internal reinforcement of titanium creates outstanding resistance to scratching, abrasion and wear and is PFOA free. What all of that means is, this cookware is super durable and can withstand being used.





 Some great points about this set!


  • Metal utensil Friendly
  • Every Lid fits on a piece of cookware 
  • The light interior of the cookware makes it easy to see what you are cooking. 
  • Perfect for all stove tops like electric or gas. 
  • Resistant to scratching, abrasions, and wear.
Now let's see how it stands up to my cooking, shall we? I have made several things in each of the pans. This will show you that this cookware set can be used for anything at anytime of the day!!


First, I made hamburgers (haha you can even see it cooking with the smoke). How many times are your burgers cooked uneven? Maybe one side gets done a little too much?? All 4 of our patties were cooked to perfection!

Ok, next I made lasagna. The meat browned perfectly! Nothing stuck to the sides of the pan while it cooked. I knew right there... I was in love!!


I used the large pot to boil the noodles. The noodles fit perfectly and there was plenty of room to stir them without the noodles sticking or falling out! SCORE!!!


 See?? Back to the meat. It doesn't stick to the sides of the pan! I swear, I am really loving to cook now that I have Fagor! It's painless for me (yay) and painless to my family (haha).

Now, I added the sauce. I was sure it would stick to the pan! NOPE, it just slid right down on the pan!!! SCORE!!!


Let's now try and make an egg! I love sunny side up eggs... but I could never make them because they would burn :(


I am happy to report... my eggs were perfect!

They slid right our of the pan and onto my plate. Hassle free! They were cooked beautifully!


The pan doesn't even look dirty! It was such a breeze to clean! It just wiped right off.

Yep, I even made pulled pork sandwiches. Dinner never tasted so good!!

This set is going to last us a LONG time! Head on over to Fagor and check them out for yourself! If you are looking for the perfect set... you found it!

Oh yeah, and one more thing. Remember the box that this came in? Well, I am also happy to report that my daughter has put it to good use. She calls it her "Hide Away".

I need one of those :)

Disclaimer: I was sent the above product that was reviewed from Fagor America for the purpose of this review. I was not compensated in any other manner. The opinions expressed above are my own and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site. Thank you to Fagor America for allowing me to review their site and product!

1 comment:

  1. I am comparing several cookware sets to replace a good-quality, $200 set I bought about 3 years ago. It seems that no matter how nice the set is in the beginning, I kill it with my cooking. I own the fact that I am hard on cookware; I’m just trying to determine if this set will last long enough to balance the price of the number of cheap sets I would buy in the same amount of time.

    I’ve read a lot of reviews on cookware in which people negatively rate sets in this price-range because they didn’t last 20 years. HA! I’d give the one I have right now 4 of 5 stars for lasting this long against my abuse—the only reason I even deduct 1 star is because the pots and pans do not wash, dry, and put themselves away.

    Now that I’ve outlined my life’s story, I’ll get to the point. After one year, how is this set holding up? I read something in a different review about issues cleaning around lid/food getting stuck around the lid. Did you have an issue with that? Has the color faded or changed? What is the overall quality of the inside of the cookware? Outside?

    Thank you in advance for taking time to respond to this!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Let's start sharing those great ideas!