Clipping Money: Review: Glee Gum Chocolate Candy Kit

12/19/12

Review: Glee Gum Chocolate Candy Kit



Have I ever told you how much I love chocolate? I honestly have never made chocolate... it always seemed like it was a complicated process. Guess what? Gosh was I wrong! It is a lot of fun to make and my daughter and I loved every second of it! With adult supervision, this is a fantastic project for kids!  This project allows them to learn about the history of chocolate and experience the science behind this delicious treat.


Each kit comes with organic cocoa butter, organic cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, starter crystals, a temperature indicator, paper candy liners, instructions and the story of chocolate.


This couldn't be any easier then how they described it. WOW! I was really nervous because I have a bad habit of burning things I cook (smoke alarm constantly goes off here). For starters, you can either use a double boiler or your microwave. SCORE!!!  I chose to use the double broiler.  



Melt the cocoa butter


Add the cocoa powder & sugar.  Stir it up really good! You can never stir the chocolate too much! The more the better ;) 


Let the mix cool to the right temperature and add the starter crystals.  


Presto change-o!  Haha, we just made chocolate!  


Spoon it into the wrappers and refrigerate it for 15 minutes to set.  


Then, enjoy!  I know we did... there isn't much left! Haha! SCORE!!!

The Make You Own Chocolate Kit is priced at $13.95 and you can purchase it (It’s listed under DIY Candy Kit – Chocolate) directly from the Gleegum Website  or find a local retail store by using their Store Locator.

This year, they're also offering a 30% off sale on a package deal of 3 Make Your Own Candy Kits (1 of each kind) at GleeGum.com. Visit the Candy Kit Combo page for more info (this specialty item also appears if you scroll to the bottom of Order Now page).

Disclosure: Glee Gum supplied me with one Make Your Own Chocolate Kit for review.  No other compensation was received.  The views and opinions expressed in the post are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start sharing those great ideas!