Clipping Money: Gifted Movie #GiftedMovie

4/21/17

Gifted Movie #GiftedMovie

I received tickets to go see this movie in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own. 


About the movie: Frank Adler (Chris Evans) is a single man raising a child prodigy - his spirited young niece Mary (Mckenna Grace) - in a coastal town in Florida. Frank's plans for a normal school life for Mary are foiled when the seven-year-old’s mathematical abilities come to the attention of Frank’s formidable mother Evelyn (Lindsay Duncan) whose plans for her granddaughter threaten to separate Frank and Mary. Octavia Spencer plays Roberta, Frank and Mary’s landlady and best friend. Jenny Slate is Mary’s teacher, Bonnie, a young woman whose concern for her student develops into a connection with her uncle as well.

This was such an awesome movie. I knew about the movie from the trailer but I didn't realize there was so much more. As the story unfolds, you find out who Mary really is. It is filled with laughs in the beginning as she makes her way to school and Jack is one of my favorite pets!

Then the story gets serious and the Grandmother enters the picture. Mary just wants to be a normal kid but her Grandmother wants her to be a mathematical genius like her mother. I wish I would have brought some tissues with me. They really tugged at my heart strings.

I really recommend this movie. I loved how the movie came together and through the ups and downs had a beautiful ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start sharing those great ideas!