10/13/10
How Much Did Dinner Cost?
Pasta is one of my family's most favorite dinners. We actually make pasta to help remember our late Papa Tony. There was one thing he wanted to do so bad and that was feed Emily (my 2 year old) pasta. Since he went to Italy to seek treatment for cancer, accomplishing this was very difficult. He would always tell her, through Skype, that he would hurry home so he can feed her a bowl of pasta! Emily would smile & nod and say, "OK!" Well, he lost his battle in January and never had the chance to feed her pasta. The boys will tell her all about him and how much they loved his cooking. If you ask Joey, he will tell you Papa Tony made the best Pizza in the world. Anthony, on the other hand, will tell you Papa Tony was the best pasta maker!
I doubt Papa Tony would believe me if I told him dinner tonight only cost me $0.50! With Giant Eagle doubling, that made my pasta FREE and the sauce $0.50!!
So, tonight we will gather around the dinner table and talk about Papa Tony! We will share memories of him like they were yesterday and slurp our pasta in "cheers" to Papa Tony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear about Papa Tony, that is so sad that he didn't make it back to feed Emily pasta :( On another note, I made this same dinner last night! I'm in Oklahoma, so I went to Homeland and got the pasta free and the pasta sauce was less than $.85. Yummy!
ReplyDelete