Clipping Money: My Princess Turns 3 Today

7/16/11

My Princess Turns 3 Today


 My beautiful princess is 3 today. It feels like just yesterday we welcomed her into the world. We (once again) didn't want to know what we were having when I was pregnant. Well, let me rephrase that... I didn't want to know. My husband did. I remember getting the ultrasound done and my husband was begging the nurse to tell him. I told the nurse what he did when he found out we were having a boy with our second child and told her she is NOT to tell him anything other then the baby having 10 fingers and 10 toes. So my husband had to get back to work and on his way out of the room, he stops at the desk to ask those nurses and I hear (in a very loud voice), "I'M SORRY, MR. DUNCAN, WE CAN NOT TELL YOU" I opened the door and looked right at him with an astonished look on my face and his response was, "Whoops... (and a smile)." It made me laugh :)



Not finding out was so much fun. Since I worked in a restaurant 50+ hours a week, I interacted with a lot of people. When they would ask me what I was having, I had fun telling them, "A Monkey" Haha, I loved hearing peoples opinion about what I was having. From how I was carrying, swinging a necklace over my belly, what I was craving... the conversations were wonderful. 

Since Anthony was almost 10 pounds, the doctor wanted to induce me so it wouldn't be so hard on me. Plus, after being paralyzed (2 weeks after I had Joey) they needed to monitor me closely. They gave me pitocin and boy did things progress. I was only in labor for 2 hours (Joey was 8 hours, Anthony was 4). When she was born my doctor yelled, "IT'S A GIRL" and the whole room (nurses and all) screamed. Of course I started crying. God gave us a daughter. I was so happy. That moment there was worth not knowing what I was having. Nothing will take that moment away from me. When they put her on me, I just looked into her eyes and told her she has completed our family. We named her Emily Elizabeth. She weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces.



We just celebrated the other day that she is completely potty trained and today she turns 3. Time is flying. She is very protected by her 2 older brothers. I know she doesn't see it now, but when she gets older she will have 2 of the best body guards a little sister could have. They are there to catch her when she falls, they teach her all about bugs and cars and they let her brush their hair.



Emily is a daddy's girl. She runs to the door when daddy gets home from work and squeezes him oh so tight. Before we moved to PA, Emily would always ask where Daddy was. She would say, "Mommy... where's my daddy? I want my daddy." and then start to cry.  I would have to keep assuring her that we would be moving to see daddy in PA really soon. She was just too young to understand why daddy was in PA when we were in OH. That was the longest 6 months without him.

Our Emily is into polish, pretties and dress up. She takes our cat (Slider) and our dog (Princess) for a walk in her shopping cart, she reads them books and she makes sure they are both taken care of. As for her brothers, she always lets them know who's boss. Her favorite saying is "Let Emmy do it." She loves to follow them around and see what they are doing.



She was the final blessing in our family... she has completed us. To some people we are known as The Duncan's... BUT after Emily was born, to most people we are known as The Duncan 5. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Birthday Princess Emily! 



Mommy, Daddy, Joey & Anthony love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start sharing those great ideas!