Clipping Money: How To Make Amazing Slime

8/14/13

How To Make Amazing Slime


Oh my goodness, just look at how happy my son it. Doesn't it make you smile? I found the easiest recipe on how to make slime and I can't wait to tell you. I'll have to admit... I was playing with this slime, too!!



Yep, that's all you need (oh and water, too) and I am sure you can find some great deals on the glue right now with all the back to school sales. SCORE!!

- TWO 4 oz. bottles of Elmer’s Glue
- 1 tsp. Borax (found in the laundry detergent section of the store)
- Water
- Bowl
- Food Coloring


Begin by emptying the two bottles of glue into a bowl. Then fill bottles with warm water and shake. Empty them into your bowl.


 Add some food coloring and carefully stir it all together. Next add 1/2 cup warm water to your cup. Add 1 tsp. borax to the water and mix until borax dissolves. Then pour this into your glue bowl. Start stirring and you will notice how it starts becoming stringy. Keep mixing by using your hands and squishing around. You will notice after a few minutes that it has become pretty gelatinous.


Let the kids play with it for a bit and it will become the perfect GOOEY consistency!


My son loved watching it crawl out of the jar!







This has to be the best homemade craft/project I’ve done with the kids. It doesn’t smell and get all over and it’s so fun to play with! PLUS, it is super cheap to make! SCORE



1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I have two boys who love anything that has the ick-factor. I would probably play with this too. I found Borax on sale a few weeks ago and had stocked up on glue at the beginning of the school year, so I am set. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start sharing those great ideas!