Clipping Money: CVS Accepts Expired Coupons With Rain Check

6/27/11

CVS Accepts Expired Coupons With Rain Check

 

I don’t know if you all knew this or not…

I just found out some information about CVS that I know you will want know.  You see, last week I tried to take advantage of one of the extracare bucks deals.  Each time I went, the shelves were empty. I remembered to get the rain checks and after I got home I really wanted to know why they shelves were so bare. I spoke to the manager and she even asked if I got rain checks – I said yes I did but the coupons I had for the sale just expired…and do you know what she said…here’s the good part…CVS takes EXPIRED coupons as long the expiration date is after the date of the rain check.  SCORE! I didn’t know that – she said it is company policy.  Sooo, ladies, if CVS is out of an extracare deal, get that rain check and hold on to those coupons – expired or not! This probably also applies to regular sale items that are out of stock as well.

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing this since I started with CVS 3 years ago. They explained it to me that since it is "their fault" they don't have the items and I intended to purchase them with said coupons, they have to honor the coupons. However, I try not to do it too often b/c I'm not sure if the companies will honor the coupon if CVS turns them in a year after they expired. Does anyone know that?

    ReplyDelete

Let's start sharing those great ideas!